Because even the smallest of words can be the ones to hurt you, or save you. ~Natsuki Takaya
Affirmations are words of emotional support or encouragement. Hearing words of affirmation can make people feel better about themselves, and their lives. If used correctly, affirmations can be instrumental in helping people achieve the lives they have only dreamed possible. Speaking words of affirmations is a choice and our words literally set a course of life for those who hear them. Here are some lists of powerful affirmations to consider using in your lives.
Powerful Life Affirming Words To Tell Yourself:
Powerful Life Affirming Words For Empowering Children and Families:
You are fully accepted and unconditionally loved now and always.
Our family would not be the same without you.
You are incredible and a treasure.
You are created exactly the way God wanted you.
I am proud of you. There is no one like you in the world.
You are so precious.
Powerful Life Affirming Words From Buddha:
- If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind?
- However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?
- Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
- Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
- A jug fills drop by drop.
- The tongue like a sharp knife… kills without drawing blood.
Powerful Life Affirming Words From The Bible:
I chose you when I planned creation . . . (from Ephesians 1:11-12)
I knit you together in your mother’s womb. . . . you are fearfully and wonderfully made. (from Psalm 139:13-14)
You are not a mistake. All of your days are written in my book (from Psalm 139:15-16)
My plan for your future is filled with hope. (from Jeremiah 29:11)
I love you with an everlasting love. (from Jeremiah 31:3)
You are my treasured possession. (from Exodus 19:5)
I don’t condemn my children. (from Romans 8:1
Think about the words being spoken regularly in your home, in your place of employment, in your everyday life. Become the instrument of change by changing the words that you speak. Interested in reading more?
I highly recommend these books. Click on the titles to learn more about them.
Books for Adults
- Meditations to Heal Your Life
- A Daybook of Positive Thinking: Daily Affirmations of Gratitude and Happiness
- Affirmations, by Stuart Wilde-A Nook Book
- Self-Help Affirmations-A Nook Book
- I Can Do It!
Books For Children. These make great baby shower, and Birthday gifts!
- I Believe In Me
- Incredible You
- I Think I Am – Teaching Kids The Power of Affirmations
- I Love Lilly – A book you can get personalized with any childs name!
- Affirmation Weaver: A Believe In Yourself Story
- The Affirmation Web: A Believe In Yourself Adventure
- Bloom: My First Affirmation Journal